Karina Kantas is not just an author, but also a book promoter. Combining her own creativity and the desire to help other authors, she has quickly become a well-known person in the indie community. She has prepared the following post for this blog series. Read about her favourite character.
ILLUSIONAL REALITY YA ROMANTIC FANTASY
Thya is my ego. She’s everything I strive to be. She strong, loving, loyal and very powerful. She also stubborn, selfish, and very dangerous. She’s taken from her home and then told her whole life was a lie. She’s thrown into a role that she doesn’t want or deserve and then told her wedding had been planned.
1) Becky, back before, when you were a marketing exec, did you feel like there was something off with your world?
Nay, we partake in war, murders there are many strange and evil people. Regrettably, this is the norm. I had not notion that Tsinia existed. I was adopted and I loved my adopted parents greatly and I did not search for my birth mother.
Now I know I would never have located her.
2) When Salco rescued you, what was your first reaction to him?
Salco has a gentle temperate as do most of my kinsmen. He has intelligent eyes. I did not deliberate. I was frightened and this stranger was prepared to aid me. I trusted him wholeheartedly.
3) The people of your land are trying to forget the destruction at bay. What types of things did they do to feed this delusion to themselves?
They knew that conclusion was close but they had not sadness or fear as the prophesy spoke of a Ganty that would deliver and save them.
4) When you learned that you were to be betrothed to Darthorn’s son, how did it make you feel? This is on the surface, before you knew everything.
Ha! How would you have reacted? I was just informed of who I was, where I originated and how superior my parents were. I did not retain knowledge of this Kovon & Darthorn and the Darkeye. Yet to be told that my future had been mapped out and I was to wed Kovon, was enough. Not one will ever command me.
5) Why is the counsel of Tsinia so certain that a union between you and Kovon will create peace?
The Tsinians have existed by the codes and Oracles so when my coming was prophesied, they were uncertain how I would aid them. So, it was the council that formed the absurd contract with Darthorn. They were convinced this was the true path.
6) Do you ever miss being plain old marketing exec Becky? If so, what you miss about it
Life was simple, worries and stress were naught compared to my reality. What I miss the most is the laughter of children.
*head bows down to the floor*
7) We all tell little white lies. What’s the best (or worst) little white lie you told? 😎
*Head comes up, big smile *
Too many on earth.
*looks sad again*
If you are hiding the truth from someone so it will not hurt them and remove their faith, is that a black or a white lie? That is the lie that will remain a secret.
8) Let’s be girls and talk clothes for minutes. Which outfit do you prefer: Becky the professional, or Becky from the magical world, the fiancée of Kovon?
*Thya splutters in her water glass and coughs*
Fiancé to Kovon!
*mysterious wind blows here hair*
I was never his fiancé and I command you not to mention his name again or this interview will be concluded.
*becomes relaxed again and breathes deeply *
Yes. I prefer the garments in Tsinia. They are cool, flowing and elegant. The Tsinians dress in basic sensible but somewhat dull attire, save there is a feast or celebration then you will see my Kinsmen in their finery.
9) In your magical world, your “real” world, do you have an official title?
My title is Princess Thya, ruler of Tsinia, guardian of the changelings. My kinsmen address me as Lady or Thya.
10) So, I understand that there is a mystery man who you have a certain… fondness for. Without giving too much away, can you tell us what you find attractive in him?
Where do you get your information from? Although tis not a secret
* tears well in eyes*
He is kind, with haunting blue eyes and his smile so tender and sweet. He understood me more than any other. He was commanding and bossy at times but all with good reason. We will conclude. Pardon, do you have a tissue?
Karina Kantas originates from the UK but has lived in Greece for most of her life. She is an author of 8 mix genre titles including the MC thriller series, OUTLAW, and the high rated fantasy, ILLUSIONAL REALITY. She also runs KKantas AuthorAssist, affordable author services for indie authors and is the host of a radio show on Artist First Radio Network.
Affordable author services for new and established indie authors.
Virtual Assistance, Narration, Book trailer design, Social media consultant, Marketing and Promotion management
Presenter of Author Assist with Karina Kantas on Artist First Radio Network